Python is one the best programming languages ever invented. It includes simple English that makes it easy to remember, as well as write commands. The code is easy to read and requires little knowledge, but it can be used in very complex tasks, such as AI development and hacking. In this article, I’m going to mention 5 reasons why every programmer should learn Python. But first, let’s discuss some of the features of Python.
Important Features of Python
- It possesses standard libraries to provide various functionalities to ease implementation of a complex application.
- It was designed in consideration of newbies/beginners. White space, as well as common expressions, has been used to do away with the need for ugly braces and uninteresting variable declarations.
- It uses high-level programming languages.
- It executes basic tasks using less code.
- Compared to Java, Python tends to be 3-5 times shorter, while it’s 5-10 times shorter when compared to C++.
- Python’s language supports multiple styles, such as object-oriented, imperative, and functional programming.
- Its memory management is automatically done.
Why Every Programmer Should Learn Python
1. Easy to Learn for Beginners
By having coding knowledge of Python, you will establish a solid base for learning programming. Methodologies used for Python can also be used in many applications.
2. Widely Used for AI Development and Machine Learning
Recently, programmers have been using Python to enhance scientific programming. Researchers and academic scholars use the MATLAB language for their scientific research. Now, researchers can use numerical computation engines for Python, such as Scipy and Numpy. They can now solve complex calculations by single-import statements, which are then followed by a function call.
The Python language is flexible; it’s faster and offers many functions for machine learning. Researchers increasingly prefer using Python, and soon, it will control the machine-learning landscape.
3. Unlimited Resources and Testing Framework
Python is an open-source language, so many people always try to make improvements in it. Thus, it is up-to-date with current trends. If any programmer has challenges or is faced with some technical issues, they can seek assistance from Python community members using forums, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Q & A sites. These sites have thousands of members, so you’ll ultimately get a helpful answer.
4. Offers Most In-Demand Job Opportunities in the Market
The demand for Python programmers has greatly increased over the years. In 2014, when the demand for IT professionals dropped by 5 percent, Python programmers’ demand increased by 8.7 percent.
Python is greatly used by famous and established corporations, such as Yahoo, Google, Nokia, Disney, and IBM. Comparing various programming languages, in 2013, Python had the highest job demand growth of 19 percent. Python programmers enjoy increasing job opportunities for their skills.
5. One of the Best for Web Development
Python provides various choices to choose from when web programming. Python has a line-up of the framework sets for developing websites. They include Pylons, Zope2, web.py, Django, TurboGears, web2py, as well as Grok though Django, which is the most preferred and popular framework for Python development.
What makes Python great is that the coding program takes the shortest time when you use Python, unlike with the case of PHP that takes hours to be completed.
6. An Ideal Option for Startups
Python is the ideal option for start-ups since, with Python, you’re able to code faster and help build complex applications using minimal code lines. They are often 5 times shorter compared to Java and 10 times shorter compared to C++.
When it comes to start-up worlds, it is essential to move fast from an idea to implementation. Therefore, it is recommended to learn Python. In addition, it can be useful as a supporting utility or partly as a core product